Once karrio is up and running, the first thing to do is to register your carrier accounts. The carrier accounts you register will be used to process all other requests such as shipping rates, shipping labels, and tracking information.
Adding a carrier account
You can register your carrier account using the karrio Dashboard.
To add a carrier account
- Go to the
- Select your prefered carrier.
- Fill in the account and API credentials.
karrio' first goal is to make shipping services integration and automation easy.
test mode option here is suited for development and testing.
By checking it during your account registration, you are instructingkarrio
to connect to the carrier' sandbox server.
test mode is great to experiment and test that your carrier integration is
Generally carriers will ignore all label purchased or any scheduled pickups in that mode. So you don't have to worry about any charges from carriers.
test mode unchecked for carrier accounts to use in
live mode (in production).
From the karrio Dashboard, you can change the mode to visualize and operate
the API in
test mode by enabling the
View test data toggle.
Preconfigured carrier accounts
Whe you sign up to app.karrio.io you will have access to preconfigured carrier accounts. This is convenient because you get to test and use a carrier services without having to register your own account.
Note that when you deploy your own karrio instance, you will only have access to your own registered carrier accounts.
You can choose to opt-in to the preconfigured carrier accounts by enabling them for your karrio user account.
To enable a preconfigured carrier account
- Go to the
- Toggle on desired carrier connections.
- As a karrio instance owner, you can also provide preconfigured carrier accounts to other users.
- Preconfigured carrier accounts can be setup and made available to other users from the administration panel.
- Your users will be able to use the functionalities that are activated without seing the accounts details and credentials.